Whether or not I get to attend IM Spring Break could be totally IN YOUR HANDS! Okay, so most of you know that I’m between jobs at the moment after having been heartlessly and without warning fired – for the first time in my life – just weeks before Christmas, ruining my plan to attend SMX West. That really sucked. I was very much looking forward to meeting everyone and using the conference as the perfect excuse to vacation to my favorite place – California. Sadly, it wasn’t meant to be and I had to scrap those plans to pay January’s bills instead…pesky responsibility!
Nevertheless, I’ve not given up hope of getting to meet some of my favorite SEO/SEM pals in person. And thanks to IMBroadcast’s contest – you may have heard about it already – that hope is alive and well. I’m totally throwing my hat in the ring to win it! If you aren’t familiar with the contest, read this post: “Go to IM Spring Break, and stay on the IMBroadcast team’s tab“.
Now that you’re up to speed on how it works and know what you need to do, here are the 7 things that I think will happen at IM Spring Break:
1) The $500 spent on the conference will pale in comparison to some attendees’ bar tabs.
2) People will come away from this conference thinking, “DAMN! That’s the best $500 I’ve ever spent…”
- 3) Those in attendance will sign the NDA and they will do so with a smile on their face – period.
- 4) A lot of people who have formed online friendships will get to meet face-to-face instead of just being “online pals”.
- 5) People will love that the conference is smaller and more intimate – allowing for more one on one networking and individual interaction with attendees and speakers alike.
- 6) Members of the staff at the Hilton Deerfield Beach will, at the very least, know what SEO stands for before the three days are up.
- 7) Rae Hoffman and I will participate in a cage match – perhaps involving mud – to close out the event (I’m totally kidding…she’d kick the crap out of me – no doubt about it). Hi, Rae…please don’t hurt me! ;)
So, now what should you do? It’s simple: write a post at your blog highlighting 7 things you think, or wish, or expect, or hope will happen at IM Spring Break. Make sure the post includes a link to Go to IM Spring Break, and stay on the IMBroadcast team’s tab and this post. That’s it! See…it really couldn’t be easier to help me win the contest, eh? ;)
Now, on to who gets tagged to pingback to this post:
Kim Krause Berg
Debra Mastaler – THANK YOU, DEBRA!
Joe Hall – THANK YOU, JOE!
Jonathan W Thomas
David Leonhardt – THANK YOU, DAVID!
Eric Gehler – THANK YOU, ERIC!
Julie Joyce – THANK YOU, JULIE!
Ann Smarty – THANK YOU, ANN!
I think I may have gone a little overboard with tagging people. Oh well! Can you tell I have no money and REALLY want to go to IM Spring Break??
Now, the rest falls to you – write your own blog post about the 7 things you anticipate will happen at IM Spring Break and DON’T FORGET TO LINK THE POST BACK TO THIS ONE! Come on people…help me out, would ya??
BIG thanks to these guys, who I didn’t tag originally but are awesome enough to help me out anyway! :)